Get the facts.
- The cervix is an important part of your reproductive system.
- Cervical cancer can affect young women in their 20's and 30's. It's the second most common cancer in women aged 20 to 44, after breast cancer.* In fact:
- - Every day, 1 Canadian woman dies of cervical cancer.†
- - Every 6 hours, another Canadian woman is diagnosed with cervical cancer.
- All cases of cervical cancer are caused by a common virus called HPV. Up to 4 out of 5 females will be infected with HPV during their lifetime.‡ For some, this will lead to cervical cancer.
- Regular Pap tests and Cervarix® vaccination can help protect you against the HPV types that cause most cases of cervical cancer (HPV 16 and 18).
Understanding how Cervarix® can help protect you against cervical cancer starts by learning more about HPV, the virus that causes cervical cancer.